Kipu is improving the EMR login process, streamlining the login and user creation workflows.
- All users must have a valid email address added to their profile.
- The username field is going away. All users will now log in with a valid email address.
- Users must verify their email address through an email invite to access specific parts of the application.
- No more temporary passwords! When creating new users, an email invite will be sent to the user directing them to the correct instance URL and allowing them to set their own password.
- Users with access to multiple instances can use the same email address and password to access each instance URL.
Account Verification Guide
Once the new login process has been deployed to your instance, you'll be prompted to verify your account. You can skip the verification process 5 times before being required to complete email verification. After verification, you'll exclusively log into the EMR with your email address.
- When you log into the EMR with your username and password, you'll receive the following message:
- Click Send Verification Email to confirm your email address.
- Check your email inbox for an email from email@example.com.
- In the email, click the Register link. Note: This email link expires after 48 hours so please complete the verification process prior to expiration.
- Create and confirm a new Password for your account. Passwords must be at least 8 characters, have an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, and a number, and cannot have been used within the previous year.
- Next, log in with your email address and new password.
- That’s it! Now, if you ever forget your password or get locked out of your account, simply use the Forgot Password link to reset it.
Update Your Email Address
If your email address isn't correct, click If you need to update your email address, click here to do so.
This will log you take you to your profile tab, where you can use the following steps to update your email:
- Enter your password.
- Update your Email Address. You must have access to this inbox to receive the verification email as described in the Account Verification Guide section below.
- Click Save and Reinvite.
- Click OK in the pop-up.
- This automatically sends the verification email to your inbox. Please verify your account by following the steps above.
Skip for Now
If you need to skip the verification process for any reason, click If you want to skip for now, click here to continue signing in. You'll be logged directly into the EMR.
You can skip 5 times. After the 5th time, you'll receive the following message and must complete the verification process using the steps above.
I'm receiving an invalid username or password error.
If you've completed the verification process, please sign in using the email address tied to your account. If you haven't completed the process, please reach out to your facility's Super Admin.
I'm using my username and it's not working.
Usernames can no longer be used to sign in. Please use your valid email address to log in.
I forgot my password, what do I do?
Click the Forgot Password? link on the Kipu EMR login page and follow the instructions.
What happens if I don’t update my information in time?
You will not able able to access the EMR application. Please reach out to your Super Admin to manually send the verification email and complete the Account Verifications steps described above.
Why can’t I set a user's password?
With the updated login process, Super Admins will no longer set up a temporary password for users. Instead, an email will be sent to the email address entered with instructions on accessing the Kipu EMR. This is a huge upgrade to account security!