The following roles and features should be assigned to the appropriate users based on your organization’s billing needs. This article specifically discusses user configuration for integrated billing e.g., CollaborateMD or AveaOffice.
Click here for full instructions on adding a new user to the Kipu EMR.
Recommended Billing Roles
- Biller: Allows users to access the Billing Report to transmit claims to Avea/CMD. This permission is included in the Super Admin role.
- Utilization Review Internal: Allows users to send patient demographics to Avea/CMD using the Send to Avea or Send to Collaborate MD button on the facesheet.
- Records Admin: Allows users to delete billing batches that fail. Note: Users will also need the Biller role to access the Billing report to delete batches.
We recommend assigning all three roles to users. Doing so ensures that they can fix information on the facesheet like authorizations and insurance, update key items such as schedules and contacts, and submit data to Avea/CMD.
Who can access the Send to Avea/Collaborate MD button on the Facesheet?
The following user roles can send data to the billing system:
- Super Admin
- Utilization Review Internal
- Manage Utilization Review
- Biller: Can only view payor rules
- Super Admin: Can view and edit payor rules
- Rendering Provider: Allows the user to be selected as a rendering provider for ancillary services.
Important: When you make a user a Rendering Provider, you must add their NPI to their profile. Otherwise, when claims are transmitted with that Rendering Provider attached, you’ll receive a “provider not found” error on the batch.
- VOBGetter Admin or VOBGetter User: Allows users to perform VOB checks with the VOBGetter feature (they accommodate the same permissions level).