Super Admins can restrict the visibility of individual patient chart tabs to designated individuals. Let's review how to set up protected tabs.
Mark the Tab(s) as Protected
Once a tab is marked as Protected, it will disappear from the patient chart. We recommend completing the following steps outside of busy hours or warning your team there may be a short downtime when some tabs will be missing.
- Click on your initials and choose Settings.
- Open the Patients tab (this is the first tab in Settings and may be titled differently depending on preference (e.g., clients, residents, etc.).
- Scroll to the Patient Processes section. Tip: Use Ctrl + F (Windows) or Cmd + F (Mac) to search for Patient Processes.
- Check the Protected box next to each tab you want to restrict access to.
- Click on Update.
Grant Bulk Access to the Protected Tab(s)
To assign multiple users to the protected tab:
- Click on your initials and select Manage Users.
- Open Assign Protected Tabs.
- On the left side, you will see the list of all tabs you have marked as Protected. Select one tab.
- The right column displays all users who don't have access to the tab. Check each user who should have access to the Protected tab and click Assign Selected.
- The middle column contains a list of users who can access the tab. To remove a user's access, check the user and click Unassign Selected.
- Tip: If you only need to protect the tab from one user, use Assign All to grant all users access to this tab first, and then unassign the one restricted user from the middle column.
Manage Individual User Tab Access
Super Admins and users with Manage Users can assign and unassign protected tabs to users individually. To do so:
- Click on your initials and choose Manage Users.
- From the Active Users list, edit an existing user or create a new one.
- From the Features list, check Allow protected tabs.
- Click Select Protected Tabs.
- Choose select which tabs the user should have access to, then click OK.
- Save changes to the user profile (if you are creating a new user, make sure you complete all required fields).